Kris Josef Photography

Friday 18 March 2011

Pump it Up


Welcome to the crazy twisted wizarding world of Caitlin Cooke- hmm maybe watching too much Harry Potter recently! It was up and ready to get to my day early this morning, I had to train a friend, while also doing my own training and cardio. What better what to start of my day and breakfast then with egg white spinach omelet topped with a bit of hot sauce. I have really grown to love these omelets! I think it’s the idea of them that intrigue me more than anything. 

Looks pretty delish- no?


I headed to Carleton today for my workout so managed to slip in a half an hour session on the treadmill before my friend arrived to train with me. The girls bathroom was PACKED and I kinda felt a little funny sitting there dripping sweat munching on asparagus and chicken- hmm, I’m going to take this picnic to the hallway. I was SO zoned out into my food and music that she had to come right up to me to catch my attention. Wow- Oh HEY! I headed to the change room with her to shovel the rest of my asparagus down my mouth and head on in for a wild training session. Little did she know I don’t like people who skip out on training days UNLESS it is a given break. It was a rough go but she pulled through amazing and actually made me extremely proud! I can be a tough Cookie ( haha my last name) but she still pushed through everything I told her to do—wooooo, you go girl! After making her do ALL the sweating I figured I owed it to myself to be just as tough on myself. Hmm... Trainer training herself like she trains others- YES LET’S DO IT!

Today at the gym I was ready to conquer those brutal Shoulders & Legs. This was a do or die workout! Barbell thrusters till I physically could not hold the bar anymore, laterals till I could not move my arms 5 inches away from my hips. My arms were absolutely on FIRE and I felt I had put in my effort and I was all done. WRONG! How about you superset that with some walking lunges, jump squats and squat to spot- bahahah BAM- I hit the floor and literally fell over on my last set. A gym supervisor came to ask me if I was okay and I said I was fine as my legs were shaking and ready to give out again ANY second. I decided to sit down for about 10 minutes before I moved on to my next supersets. One more leg superset and I could put those bad boys away for 15 minutes! One leg step ups to sumo jump squats on bench- awww yah about that! Lets just say I missed one of my jumps again near the end further detail not to be discussed! Well if my legs hadn’t had enough I was going to kill them EVEN more and take it to the stair master for 30 minutes- yup YOU GOT IT! I pushed with every last bit of energy I had but I pulled through. Enough was enough time to GO HOME

My bus ride home was rough all I wanted to do was give my legs a rest and the bus was packed and ended up standing the whole time with a huge gym bag. It is sad to say it hurt to stand for 20 minutes on a bus to get home- I know. The minute I got home I took my containers out of my bag, slurped back a protein shake and totally passed out cold on my couch for a solid 3 hours. Talk about body over exertion but I did feel much better after I woke up. 

The reality was I still had dishes to clean, a shower to take and meals to prep again for another day. Damm why are these days so similar? Let alone there needs to be wayyy more time within a day.  Now that is all done I write you this blog and watch Harry Potter yet again with my boyfriend. Does anyone ever realize how Hogwarts is always in GREAT danger EVERY year, they say it in the movies like it’s something new occurring everytime hahaa. 

Anyways, Ive watched 10 minutes of this movie and am already tired again- wow, burnt out!
Till tomorrow bloggers, 
Love you all
Caitlin Cooke #11

No comments:

Post a Comment