Kris Josef Photography

Sunday 13 March 2011

I'm On TV

Today was most definitely an extra early morning for me! It was up at 7am to start getting ready because I had a doctor's appointment at 9am at Carleton University. I ended up catching the 95 the minute I got off at Lebreton and then the O-Train right away as well. So I arrived on campus around ten after 8 and had about 45 minutes to spare. I am most definitely not an early morning cardio person but I had time to spare- what was there to do? Okay- FINE! I hopped on the treadmill for a 30 minute incline speed walk. It actually felt amazing afterwords I felt much more awake, alive and prepared for my day.

It was then time for my doctor's appointment which lasted about another hour because the nurse thought I was waiting for someone and put my papers in a different place than she should of. Turns out a 5 minute appointment lasted about an hour of waiting in a chair and watching the time tick by. Finally finished my appointment, it was back to the Carleton gym to get in my weight training for the day.

It was yet again Leg Day and I was full of energy and ready to push them to an entirely new level. Squatting 20Ibs heavier than the previous leg day and maxing out on way more toe squats than I had as well. After a pretty grueling leg workout, I was so stiffed legged I had trouble walking. I WAS NOT done yet, I wobbled over to the stair master and managed to push through a rough 30 minutes of absolutely insane leg burning. Even my friend Corey was laughing at me as I walked or should I say dragged myself out of the gym.

Unfortunately at work from 2-9pm by this point in the day I was already exhausted! I had finished off 2 cardio sessions and my weight training and it was only 2pm in the afternoon. Luckily it managed to be a busy Friday night at the salon and was running around like a crazy women from the minute I walked in till 6:30pm. It was finally at that time that I was able to sit down and have the meal I was suppose to at 3pm. With only about a 30 minute break the salon picked up again till the end of my shift. By this point I was absolutely drained but I COULDN'T go do bed yet.

Ringgirl Debut on The Score for Wreck MMA


Tonight was the night that I had my debut on TV. The Wreck MMA: Strong & Proud show in which I was ring girl for back in January was showing on the TV tonight. Me and Sami decided to go and watch the show before we both headed to bed for some much needed rest. It was actually pretty neat watching it on TV with all the commentary although I only seen myself at the end of the show it was definitely worth it all. My parents even made fun of me asking for a picture of the only time I would ever be on television. Thanks Mom & Dad love you too! Lucky enough the show is split into three parts with the next part showing March 18th at 10:30pm on the Score again- YAHOOO!

It is getting late and I have a fun filled busy day tomorrow to blog to you all about so until tomorrow bloggers!
Love you all,
Caitlin Cooke #11

No comments:

Post a Comment